bara
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Use of this web site

Go down

Use of this web site Empty Use of this web site

Post  Roger Myddelton Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:50 am

Visiting to check whether anyone had posted to record finding some house keys (for Suffolk, not here thank goodness) which I might have lost in Lawford Road, I was disappointed to see how little use seems to have been made of this site recently. I confess I've been an infrequent visitor myself.

Its creation about a year ago must have involved Mikey Bramich in quite a bit of work - it's well designed and has plenty of potential. Yet when something of burning interest crops up (like the Sandall Road proposal) we all use e-mail, although this site would probably be an easier way of seeing who has said what, assuming one visits the site...

I've no magic bullet to suggest - and it may be months before anyone even reads this - but I'd be interested in people's reaction. Maybe this is something most community websites suffer from, and it just illustrates that busy people need a "push" to react. (But for the Sandall Rd debate, we could have had an initial e-mail push to the site, relying on us to visit regularly for a few days to make/see new posts).

It seems to me that we do have quite a few interested, involved, computer-using people in BARA, so if we can't make a web site like this work, who can? I suspect that we are all so hooked on e-mail that we find it easier to use and put up with the inconvenience of following occasional long threads.

Regards to all

Roger

Roger Myddelton

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum